woensdag, juni 08, 2005

HIP songs, part II

HIP songs part TWO, according to Liz

Oke, still at least 40 songs in my favourite list so the next ten are easily filled.

1. Clocks – Coldplay. Most people I know like this song. I can listen it a thousand times and still like it.
2. Lovefool – the Cardigans . I bought the whole Romeo and Juliet soundtrack cd especially for this song.
3. Supergirl – Reamonn. I guess everybody knows it, but I really started to like it after I heard it in the TV show Starmakers. It is a beautiful song. For every moment of the day.
4. Why does my heart feel so bad – Moby. I actually like the whole CD play, but this one is the first one that came to mind.
5. No regrets – Robbie Williams. It was hard to choose one of his songs. I also like Road to Mandelay and Angel.
6. Run baby run - Sheryl Crow. Pain, power and guts are the first things that come to mind.
7. Senorita - Justin Timberlake. I think his music is hip. I don’t need to hear it every day, but once in a while I can really enjoy it.
8. Foolish Games – Jewel. A classic one as well.
9. Europe – The final Countdown. It remembers me of my time in San Diego, and the moment we (three friends and I ) returned to the USIU campus after spending five days in a car, turned on the volume with The final countdown on the radio and made an extra round over the campus before getting out and going back to usual business.
10. Maroon 5 – Sunday morning. I think I will still love this one in about ten years…..and the song is totally HIP
11. Kaileigh – Marillion. I am not sure if it is HIP, but it is beautiful and timeless.
HIP songs II, according to Anna:

In this second edition of HIP songs, I selected a lot of ‘older’ music. But still, the list is not complete...

1. Lynard Skynard – Sweet Home Alabama: This song reminds me of sitting on a terrace of ‘de Stulp’, a bar in Renesse which I visit a lot during summertimes. Just relaxed.
2. Rory Gallagher – Going to my Hometown: cool blues, he plays the guitar awesome.
3. Golden Earring – Another 45 Miles: Of course, also a dutch band can make good music. A beautiful song.
4. Everly Brothers – Bye Bye Love: is the original from the Everly Brothers? Simon&Garfunkel? Or just the Beatles? I totally have no idea. Anyway, I love it. I had to play it on the mandoline when I was about 10 years old...
5. Maná – Rayando el Sol: Spanish popmusic, for warm summernights.
6. Drifters – Save the Last Dance for Me: Really, really old, but I like a lot of old-fashioned things. It’s just the idea about the cute ways things went those days. Old-fashioned is HIP.
7. Scott McKenzie – San Francisco: imaginations of living in the ‘hippy’ era.
8. Dune – Are You Ready to Fly?: Youth sentiment, happy hardcore. This song, and Nakatomi’s ‘children of the night’ were my favorites. I always listened to it before i went out. That is, we went with the ferry to the village on the other side of the river, visiting ‘Disco Love’. Got home before midnight because otherwise you missed the last ferry of that day.
9. Beach Boys – Kokomo: For the tropical, happy summer touch of this music edition.
10. Candy Dulfer – Lily was here: instrumental, saxophone